Central African Republic - The hill and the plain, the Oubangui river and the built colonial heritage of the city of Bangui

Created by Michel Dolizi on June 26, 1889 on the rock artillery (current location of the Oubangui hotel), the Bangui station will expand and develop. This post, built on a rock is dominated by the high cliffs of Lower Oubangui. Buildings developed on granulites due to flooding and swampy lowlands. At the foot of the rock almost on the rocky threshold, the stores and the offices of the French colonial administrative services piled up. The city of Bangui will expand thanks to the discovery of a vast plain in 1906 located downstream and near the indigenous villages. At that time, the city center was between Bangui-Roc-Club and the current Place de Brazza (French Administrator) Place du President Valery Giscard D'Estain.

No comments:

Post a Comment